MagiKey Family Tree is available for purchase from The MagiKey. For questions about using this product see the online user manaual.
Issue Version 1.X is no longer available for download. Issue has been renamed MagiKey Family Tree.
Beta Test the latest Version 2 build of MagiKey Family Tree
MagiKey Family Tree, formerly known as Issue, is a complete genealogy program. It specializes in generating web site pages in the well-known "Register" format, such that each the page for each family is linked to other related families. It also supports merging of GEDCOM files in a way that helps avoid losing important information.
- Introduction to Issue: Powerpoint Presentation with narration in .wmv format [6 Meg]
- View samples of web pages generated by MagiKey Family Tree
MagiKey Family Tree 2.0 FeaturesFor changes since version 2.0 see MagiKey Family Tree Version information
- Normalize your place database using the place inforamation maintained as part of FamilySearch
- Use your login and password obtained from new.familysearch.org to search FamilySearch information from within Issue.
- View the Temple Ordinance Status for your ancestors to find work that still needs to be completed.
- Share your data with other by generating web pages in Register or Henry format, and links to optional GEDCOM file with the data for those individuals in the report
- Find duplicate individuals in your database and allows you to merge them
- Locate anomalies in your database to alert you to individuals whose vital information is likely incorrect (ie marriage occurs after death)
- Suggest next steps to research
- Maintain searchable database of individuals and families including vital events, marriages, occupations, census inforamtion, LDS ordinance information, sources and repositories.
- Support mulitple names per individual and has the ability to track conflicting birth, death and other vital information for each individual
- Support mulitple sets of parents such as birth, adoption, sealing etc.
- Browse individuals or notes by source.
- Research by location, with easy to use place browser
- Create a birthday and anniversary calendar from data already entered in your database
- Relationship calculator shows how two individuals are related
- Age calculators to convert date ranges to ages
- SearchFamilySearch, and Social Security Death Index, from within the application
- FTP webpages to location you specify, to facilitate sharing of information.
- Import & export data using GEDCOM standard , including a TempleReady format
- Export a subset of your data in GEDCOM format to share with others
- MagiKey Family Tree is now a FamilySearch Software Affiliate .
- MagiKey Family Tree 2.2 is a Certified Software Affiliate
- MagiKey Family Tree is in the process of adding additional certified features.
Printable Web pages
- Decendancy webpages
- Ancestry webpages
- 5-generation pedigree chart
- Family group Sheet
- Decendancy chart
- Task list
- US Census table
- Birthday/Aniversary lists
MagiKey Family Tree uses the GEDCOM version 5.5 format to store data. Other genealogy programs also use this format, but with their own customizations. MagiKey Family Tree can import and export data from any program without losing such customizations. MagiKey Family Tree supports exporting GEDCOM files in a way that adds such customizations for the following programs:
- Ancestral Quest
- Family Origins
- Personal Ancestral File
If you use another program, you can request MagiKey Family Tree support exporting data using customizations for another genealogy program.
Back to Armidale Software's home page