The Welcome Screen
At the Welcome Screen you are presented with some options. If you are new to the system you can register as a new user. If you have registered before, you can log in as an existing user. If you don't want to register, you may
view the forums as "read-only". The help option allows you to read this documentation.
1. Register as a new user.
- Why do you need to register?
The use of individual login names allows the system to display only those
topics which have new responses (posted since you last logged in.) That way
you don't have to wade through postings you've already read.
In addition, individual login names help keep everyone responsible for
what they say.
- The registration process.
First you will choose a unique login name. This is the name the system will know you by. Next, enter your real full name. This name will show up on each of your postings in the system. The next box is for your e-mail address. The software will make a guess based on a combination of your login name and the network address you are currently using. Check this name and correct it if it is not right. The system will then ask you to enter the same password twice to help avoid a typo in your permanent password. After you've entered your password twice, just choose the "Register" button and you're done!
2. Log in as an existing user.
- After your first visit to this system (when you go through the registration process) you will log in as an existing user. You are then shown the Main Menu from which you can read the forums.
3. Read Forums
- Some forums allow anyone to read them, whether they are a registered user or not. To read one of these read-only forums, just click on the name of the forum.
4. Read the documentation
- Both the Forum Rules and Help sections are available.
Back to: Help for System Users
Back to: Main Index
Read the next section: The Main Menu